Volunteer with Witness for Peace Southeast!
Our work costs money, and takes time. There are many ways you can be involved with our work, from your home, your community, the WFPSE office, or at one of our events. Check out the following opportunities for involvement, and fill out the form at the bottom with your contact information and your interests.
If you are interested in an internship, click on this link.
Helping at Witness for Peace Events:
- Help to organize a fundraiser, donate silent auction items
- Distribute flyers and information at local events
- Help to organize a Pilgrimage or Speakers Tour event
In Your Community or Congregation:
- Organize or participate in local congressional visits to your representatives
- Promote or coordinate an international delegation
- Start a Solidarity chapter in your local community
- Organize a gathering of Witness for Peace supporters
From Your Home:
- Write letters (newsletter, to representatives, newspaper) or use social media as part of our campaigns.
- Research information on local companies and US foreign policy that undermine human rights in Latin America.
- Provide lodging and a meal (or transportation) for a participant of the Speakers Tour or of the Pilgrimage for Peace & Justice
- Join other supporters at our office for a phone-a-thon or putting together a mailing appeal
- Assist with customizing a donor management system for WFP
- Design flyers and newsletters
- Contribute to website administration. Familiarity with (or a willingness to quickly learn!) the basics of website design and maintenance are necessary, and some experience with WordPress and CSS is preferred.
- Data entry tasks at our office