Employment & Internship Opportunities
For over 30 years, Witness for Peace Southeast (WFPSE) has worked for peace, justice and sustainable economies in the Americas. WFPSE documents the impacts of U.S. and corporate policy in Latin America, and mobilizes a base of grassroots supporters to advocate for just U.S. policies. Witness for Peace is a national organization with an executive office in Washington D.C. The Southeast region contributes to national campaigns and additionally coordinates regional campaigns. The Witness for Peace Southeast region consists of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
- Goal: Support successful 3-week Fall Speakers’ Tour and 1-week Spring Pilgrimage (Visit www.wfpse.org for more information on our programs).
- Stipend: $500 per semester
- Requirements: The internship requires a 12-hour commitment per week, and interns need to work on their own laptop.
- Weekly Tasks:
- Meet on a weekly basis with staff supervisor to review weekly progress on work plan, prioritize tasks, and seek support from staff.
- Recruit potential speakers’ tour (fall) or pilgrimage (spring) sites, provide support and ensure planning of events by local leaders.
- Participate and provide logistical support for regular meetings of working group leaders planning Pilgrimage or Speakers’ Tour.
- Update calendar of events for Pilgrimage and/or Speakers’ Tour.
- Organize legislative meetings and media interviews.
- Publicize events on website, mailing list, social media and traditional media.
- In conjunction with Regional Director, write event final report.
Apply to the intern position by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. The intern position is currently open for the Fall, we will accept applications for the Spring semester until December 17, 2016.
The WFPSE office is located at the 2nd Floor of Fairmont United Methodist Church, 2501 Clark Avenue, Raleigh NC, two blocks from the NC State University campus. In addition to the monetary stipend, we provide weekly supervisory meetings and mentorship, and opportunities for professional training.