During the month of October, we will host Julia Vallejos, a Nicaraguan fair trade advocate credited as a founding member of Masilí; a free trade zone factory. Julia will give her perspectives on how free trade policies and U.S. corporate practices have affected her community and the choices we as consumers can make to support alternative trade models like Masilí.
Julia will visit 4 states, during the following dates:
- Kentucky from October 5th to the 9th,
- Nashville, Tenessee on October 10th,
- Asheville, NC from October 12th-14th,
- Burlington, NC on October 15th,
- The Triangle, NC October 16-20, and
- Virginia October 21-25.
More details on speaking events can be found by clicking here.