Join Witness for Peace Southeast on our people-to-people licensed* delegation to Cuba!
On this delegation, you will:
- Research Cuban national priorities including universal education, healthcare, and sustainable agriculture.
- Investigate the effects of the embargo on Cuban life.
- Learn about the rise of organic farming in Cuba since the fall of the Soviet Union and see how it has improved the lives of millions of Cuban citizens.
- Visit local communities, labor collectives, and cooperatives that demonstrate how ordinary Cubans are engaging in sustainable development.
- Learn about preventative healthcare practices, alternative therapies, and food security.
*All participants must adhere to a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities that will result in meaningful interactions between the travelers and individuals in Cuba.
View the delegation flyer here.
Cost: $1,600 (plus airfare) Includes all preparations, meals, lodging, interpretation, transportation within Cuba, reading, and activist tools.
Apply: Send $150 deposit and completed Cuba Application to:
Witness for Peace Southeast
PO Box 12123
Raleigh, NC 27605
Or pay the deposit online here and email application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2014
For information about scholarships and fundraising, please contact Emily.